Health & Safety
A+K aim to provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment for our employees by complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent legislation. We also recognise and accept our duty to protect the health and safety of our customers, other contractors and members of the public.
To ensure the general health and safety of our employees, customers, contractors and members of public, we will:
- Monitor accidents, injuries and ill health to help us control the health & safety risks arising from our business activities
- Appoint competent people and give them the training necessary to carry out their tasks safely
- Provide and maintain a safe place of work and equipment
- Ensure the safe handling, use, storage and transport of substances
- Provide information, instruction and supervision as necessary to implement this policy and achieve our objectives
- Consult our employees on matters affecting their health & safety.
Through a process of continuous improvement, A+K strive to conduct all its operational activities with the least impact to the Environment.
To achieve our strategy, we undertake to:
- Conduct all our activities in compliance with relevant environmental legislation
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Continuously improve the efficiency of the equipment we operate
A+K is committed to promoting sustainable development. We aim to comply with and promote sustainability best practice to reduce the environmental impact of all our activities and to help our customers and suppliers to do the same.
To meet our strategy, we will:
- Meet or exceed all relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it
- Make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices
- Annually review our sustainability performance